Before the clocks go back, it’s time to start thinking of site lighting. Here are our top six benefits to installing LED site lighting at your business.
- A well-designed LED lighting system provides brighter, better dispersed lighting than traditional or halogen lighting. This is an excellent crime deterrent, and makes staff, customers and pedestrians feel safer. LED lighting also helps to prevent accidents in hours of darkness.
- LED lamps give instant illumination as soon as they receive power, and can be switched on and off frequently and without affecting the lifespan or light emission of the lamp. In contrast, traditional lighting can take several seconds to reach full brightness, and frequent on/off switching drastically diminishes the lamps life.
- Energy efficiency is crucial to businesses, and LED lighting is the most efficient lighting that a company can use. 80% of a standard lamps energy is emitted through heat, whereas 80% of an LED lamps energy is emitted through light; with close to no UV emissions.
- LED lightbulbs are free from toxic chemicals and can be recycled, helping with your company’s commitment to sustainability.
- LED lamps last up to 20 times longer than traditional or halogen bulbs, and require no maintenance. Potential money savings on energy consumption, maintenance and bulb replacement are substantial.
- LED site lighting operates in extreme temperatures, and can withstand shock, vibrations, impacts and even vandalism. This makes them ideal for sites where exposure to the elements or harsh environments needs to be considered.
If you are interested in a new LED site lighting system, or would like your existing system repaired or maintained please contact us on 01622 844244or call our office on