The Bridge was a joint venture between ProLogis Developments Ltd and Dartford Borough Council; a mixed-use scheme comprising Science Park with Innovation Centre, housing, local centre, primary school, leisure and recreational uses, open space and wildlife areas.
A key feature is the Fastrack dedicated public transport system, linking the site to Dartford Town Centre and the Bluewater Shopping Complex.
The Fastrack system relies on a high degree of remote surveillance and automation to monitor and control private and public traffic flow in and around the site. The Fastrack bus service control and monitoring systems were developed by Secure’s client – ACIS Ltd.
ACIS selected Secure Engineering to provide an integrated CCTV, ANPR and Intercom solution, not just for The Bridge site itself, but covering the whole Fastrack route from Dartford through to Bluewater Shopping Centre – a distance of approximately 10km. In addition, a second control suite was to be built at the Arriva Bus Garage, Northfleet, 8km away.
Main elements of the system were pre-built at Secure’s premises for configuration and our client’s approval before installation on site. The installation consisted of:
- CCTV and Help Points within 17 bus shelters. These were comprised of 53 Honeywell vandal-resistant dome cameras and 34 Commend Help Points along the Fastrack route including Dartford Station and Bluewater.
- 5 Pelco Esprit Traffic Surveillance cameras and DM DV-IPs within the site with direct internet connection. Monitored by DM NetVu in the control room and remotely by Kent Highways TMC in Maidstone.
- A 14 lane CitySync ANPR system to monitor 4 bus lane entry points and 5 key traffic locations within the development.
- A purpose-built Control Room at the Management Centre with a multi-monitor display incorporating a Pick-a-Point touch-screen system controlling a BBV FBM 128×32 switching matrix.
- A Commend GE700 Help Point intercom system and an ANPR review & analysis PC.
- Seven Dedicated Micros DS2 DVRs recording all camera activity.
- A second control room, at Arriva, Northfleet, equipped with a multi-monitor display incorporating Pick-a-Point touch-screen control and a Commend Help Point master intercom.
- Dual intercoms at all six bus lane barriers.
- System integration included the ANPR system triggering pop-up bus lane camera ‘screen grabs’, intercoms calls triggering pop-up bus shelter camera images and ‘barrier fail’ messages on the master intercom stations.